Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today is Groundhog Day!

I never quite understood it.

How did this holiday "start"? 

I have to laugh.  They always were gloves to get him out in case he bites.

Well, what do they expect?  You are sound asleep in dark hole, curled up sleeping in a nice little ball of warmth.  No complaints, not bothers then ....Bam!  In reaches a hand.  Yanks you out of your sleep, grabs you up and hangs you in front of a gazillion people to see "if you can see your shadow".  Now you are cold, bright lights shining in your face, and not time to even let you wake up.  I'd bite the SH!T out of you too. What is up with that?  That is just plain cruel.

If you take me out without having my coffee ready, let me pee and give me a few seconds to open my eyes I'm probably going to rip you face off!  There are some things you just shouldn't do and waking me up abruptly is one of them.  Just ask my husband.

Where do people come up with these wacky ideas?   Was somebody thinking some day "Hey, lets pull a groundhog out of his hole and see if it has a shadow?"  I don't know about you but that sounds like something a teenage farm boy bored out of his mind would come up with.  Smoke a little too much Alfalfa or something?

And why a groundhog?  Well this made me want to look a little more into it.  So of course I had to look it up on the "WEB".  The place of all knowing important wisdom.

I found this on ASK.com :
Punxsutawney-phil

But why not a squirrel.  They are cute, they are furry?  I personally would much rather look at a squirrel than a ground hog.




And I don't think they smell as bad?

We could rename the holiday "Shadow Seeking Squirrel"

Currently I am sitting here at 7:12 AM, waiting on the edge of my seat for "PHIL'S VERDICT"

Will he or won't he?  The suspense is killing me.

I'll keep you updated like CNN and let you know as soon as I do!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment